We were delighted to have been recognised for excellence in project management at the Fit Out Awards this year. As one of only 2 shortlisted firms, our reputation for meticulous fit outs and our firm’s skills in coordination across multi-disciplinary teams has distinguished Divine Design from the competition again this year. We were nominated for this award in recognition of our work on the landmark restoration and refurbishment of The Olympia Theatre along with other noteworthy commercial and residential projects. We have a track record of creating beautiful, functional and sustainable spaces for our clients, on time and within budget and our work in the historic Olympia Theatre and throughout the year has continued in that tradition.
The Olympia project included complete refurbishment of all the bars in the theatre, redesign of the seating in the stalls, conservation plasterwork throughout the interior and major repair and renovations to the roof of the building. All this work has been done without impacting on the theatre calendar. This required meticulous schedule planning and management and the construction of temporary facilities where required.
Some of the most noteworthy elements of the Olympia refurbishment that we are particularly proud of:
- The theatre stayed open throughout the works – enabling all revenue-generating activities to continue was a priority so we had to be exceptionally resourceful when designing the programme of work
- Creatively coming up with design opportunities to support and contribute to the profitability of the business, such as the workflow speed of staff at the bars
- Specialist conservation work on the historic features of the building
- Balance of retaining the charm and character of the rooms while modernising throughout and creating cutting-edge atmospheric spaces for patrons
- Abundance of innovative solutions implemented by Divine Design, from taking the initiative to print the feature portraits on bleach clean-able wallpaper for durability and the decision to inset LED lights within their frames so they were lit from within, to minimising errors in the construction of the bars through an original method whereby an iterative process was used to collaborate between teams so all were involved and up to date at all times
- Maintenance-friendly materials and installations were employed throughout, supporting a sustainable life-cycle of the refurbishment
Other highlights of the last year for us that were considered when determining our nomination for this award were the completion of a tasting space for the Irish Whiskey Museum, further commissions from Teeling Whiskey Distillery and a number of luxury residential projects. We are always glad to see how our team’s skills have attracted the distinction of again being nominated for such prestigious awards in our field. We continually strive to differentiate ourselves in relation to:
- Our excellent communication skills within the teams of professionals needed to bring a project to fruition as well as with the client to convey how the brief has been interpreted and fulfilled
- Our technical and materials knowledge and awareness of the latest technological developments in interior architecture
- Our problem solving abilities, an essential skill when delivering on the tight deadlines of our projects and
- Our understanding of our clients’ commercial concerns, which means that our projects support and contribute to achieving their strategic business objectives through the design of their space